My favorite things this Christmas
I have a mix of favorites this year. As I learn more about myself I feel more comfortable with my choices. Some are luxury items, some are inexpensive things that others may seem to corny but nevertheless they are my favorite things I will gift and ask for this Christmas.
1. You, Me and the dog cushion - This is the sweetest gift for dog owners and their family. There’s no other way to welcome your new addition to your family.
2. An ornament - Every Christmas I gift an ornament to my family and good friends. This year, my choice is the ice cream ornament from Paper Source.
3. Butterfly earrings — I loved these earrings at first site. Gift this to your sweetest friend. It's elegant with a touch of whimsy. Love!
4. A clutch — I am a clutch girl. This year, my favorite color of choice is red. The IT color of the season is one that you should gift for the IT girl on your list.
5. Classic pumps — A classic pump is a gift that can last a lifetime. It's simple, versatile and oh so sexy. Christian Louboutin's Pigalle Follies is the perfect mix of everything a classic heel should be. Gift it on your own or share the gift with a bunch. Mom, girlfriend, wife gift. Perfection!
6. Henri Bendel candle — The Palm Beach candle by Henri Bendel and no other candle is a staple on my gift list. I bought it a few years ago and I am hooked. The right price for the perfect scent.
7. SPLURGE ALERT! Saint Laurent T-shirt — It's a total splurge, I know, but it's also a classic.
8. Book of the month — I love books! I want to gift it to everyone I know. Reading with someone is a gift that can be as personal as you want it to be. This is for the book lover in your life. Give a gift subscription and continue the giving all year round.
9. A Short guide to a Happy Life — Yes, another book, but I have had this book for years. I go back to this over and over again. If you are a dear friend of mine, I have already gifted this to you. This is more special as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. Make the book more meaningful by highlighting areas with notes and little "inside notes" that only you and the person receiving this share.
10. Merci bracelet — Gift something from a local shop. I love to buy inexpensive trinkets to take home with me and add as a special touch to presents. This year is the Merci bracelet.
11. A great bottle of wine — Wine is very much a matter of preference so whenever I am in need of one to gift I go to Morrell Wine and Spirits. Shopping in here is an experience. I never feel like I don't belong and the staff always picks the right bottle of wine for the occasion and the person for whom I am buying.